Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Denis Leary Talks "Spider-Man"!

A few days ago when Denis Leary (from the hit FX tv show Rescue Me) was conducting book signings in Ridgewood, New Jersey, for his new book, the new "Spider-Man" reboot came up in questions for the actor who was recently rumored to be in final negotiations to play Captain George Stacy, the father of Gwen Stacy, being played by Emma Stone (Zombieland).

"My wife's favorite superhero is Spider-Man. I'm more of a Batman guy. But I got sucked into the Spider-Man movie because my wife really loves Spider-Man. And my kids. I like big action movies, I enjoy them, but I never expected to be in 'Spider-Man.' If anything, I thought if I was going to be in 'Spider-Man,' I'd be the bad guy. But I'm the good guy, which is kind of strange."


Now it is official, Denis Leary is in fact going to play the role.

"Spider-Man" will be released on July 3, 2012, with Marc Webb (500 Days of Summer) directing and starring Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone, Rhys Ifans, Irrfan Khan, Martin Sheen, Sally Field, Annie Parisse, Campbell Scott, Julianne Nicholson and Chris Zylka.

Source: ComicBookMovie.com

I think it's pretty cool that Denis Leary is playing Capt. Stacy. I think he's the right fit for the role. But what do you think? Please let me know in the comments section below! Thanks. =)

~ Gobbie, Out! ~

No comments: